Must double click on cell

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:37 AM

Hi koyama, please help me!

please view my clip:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F8NkgNgV08

After i export data to file excel, The cells hold 'Formula' or have format 'Date' must be double click on cells -> display value true.

I don't want to double click. please help me.

Thanks you so much.

Developer
Oct 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I see there is some weird thing going on. Thanks for the screen cast.

Can you upload the generated Excel file somewhere? Or you can send it to me: (erik at phpexcel dot net)

Developer
Oct 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Hmm... I have tried various things with the file you sent me, but when I open it in MS Office Excel 2007 I don't have to click or double click in any cell to see those values.

For example, I see the value 3,000,000 in cell W14 as soon as I open the workbook. Any idea what am I doing wrong? Does this also happen for you in OpenOffice.org 3 ?

Developer
Oct 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I have now looked at this in detail. Conclusion is that the formula parser in PHPExcel_Writer_Excel5 is at fault.

The unary minus operator is written incorrectly. Sample formula that is not working with PHPExcel_Writer_Excel5:

=-A1+10

Although the formula looks correct when the generated xls file is opened in Excel, it is not ok internally. (But double-click or enter can rectify the problem.) Effectively, the unary minus token is put around the whole expression

=-(A1+10)

which is not the same as the previous formula.

Workaround until this bug is fixed:

Put parenthesis around -A1 as follows when you write formulas using PHPExcel_Writer_Excel5

=(-A1)+10

@daklan: For example, you have formulas that look like this:

-IF(...)+IF(...)

If you change to this I think it will be ok:

(-IF(...))+IF(...)