Vertical distributed alignment not setting

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Hi. I am trying to set cells in a worksheet to VERTICAL_DISTRIBUTED and I just can't get it to work. The same code I am using will set the cells to VERTICAL_TOP, VERTICAL_CENTER and VERTICAL_JUSTIFY. It obviously defaults to VERTICAL_BOTTOM ok too.

I've checked Alignment.php and the const VERTICAL_DISTRIBUTED entry is there and I am using PHPExcel 1.8.0. The Excel version I am using is from MS Office 2010 (version 14), but I am obviously writing for any version of Excel from 2007 onwards.

Is anyone aware of any issues with using VERTICAL_DISTRIBUTED and, if so, is there a fix? I've looked at Alignment.php, but there is nothing obviously wrong or missing that I can see. Although that doesn't mean it's not there as some of the programming is a little beyond where I am at the moment.

Thanks for any assistance.
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Just tested it with MS Excel 2013, and it's working correctly; it should work with all OfficeOpenXML format files since Excel 2002.

But I've already been advised of one colour issue that doesn't work on certain MS Excel versions on Mac this week, so it's possible that there may be a similar discrepancy if you're on a Mac