Installation problems

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Hi, I must be doing something wrong with the install. The download from github has all lower case filenames but the paths in the classes are all camel cased, so even when I modify the examples to find phpexcel.php none of the classes actually load as they are all lower case filenames as well. Surely I don't have to modify the source code to make everything run?

Thanks,

Andy
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Sounds to me like the download from github is fubared in some way.... all files are correctly camel-cased in the repository. How are you doing the download?
Jun 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Looks like a clean download with correct case for the file/folder names when I open it in IZArc; what are you using to unzip the file, and on what platform? I'm guessing that the problem lies somewhere there
Jun 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I've just downloaded that link and the case is definitely correct in the zip file. I guess whatever you used to extract it didn't preserve case.

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM
OK problem solved, the download was correct as you surmise, but when I transferred the files across my local network to the server (using CIFS protocol) the leading capitals were being lower cased. Not capitals past the first one, just the first one!

By transferring the files using FTP instead the case was preserved and the examples now run fine.

Thanks for your prompt support.
Marked as answer by goldsmif on 6/17/2014 at 9:01 AM