Scrol in worksheet

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 27, 2012 at 5:23 AM

I have created excel using PhpExcel.

It looks cool.

I have freeze one row in excel but Now i have to go to specific row while opening excel file than how to set that perticular row while opening file its automatic go that specific row and column??

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I may have missed something, but this seems not easy.
 When frozen panes exists, PHPExcel automatically positions the upper-left cell in the worksheet and the current cell depending on the configuration of the panes.
(Yes, PHPExcel is cool :-))
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Freez panes is required for for what can i do for this problem?

Can u suggest me any function available in phpExcel ?

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:40 AM
I am afraid that there is not direct solutions. There should be a property sheet (get/set in connection methods would be well) and change the method _writeSheetViews of the Writer so it uses the aforementioned property.
Note: I've watched what was done in the Excel 2007 writer only.
Nov 28, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I didnt understand wat u r saying?

Can u giv me any example of it??

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I will try to be more clear...

-The feature you want is not supported by PHPExcel, as far as I know.
-I've looked quickly where this information could be entered in an Excel 2007 file. Some tests are needed to check my analysis.
-I looked at how PHPExcel registered information about these items.
-In the case that interests you, PHPExcel inferred information without user intervention as possible.

Add this feature seems not insurmountable, but applying to amend PHPExcel:
-Adding a property in class Worksheet (or Worksheet_SheetView) to store the coordinates of the desired cell.
-(Optional but cleaner) add in the Worksheet (or Worksheet_SheetView) class methods to set and retrieve the aforementioned property.
-Change the _writeSheetViews method of the class Writer_Excel2007_Worksheet so it integrates the management of this property.

I don't have an example to give you, the code is to write.