Print all worksheets at once

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Edited Oct 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Hi...

is here a way to select all worksheets (not only one, by index) before writing/saving the excel file?

This would be extremely useful since it seems to be the only way to print all worksheets at once from your desktop (right clicking an xls file --> selecting 'print'). The file would open, the default printing option (print active worksheets) would be fine (since all sheets are selected) and so the whole file would be printed. Otherwise - if there is only one sheet selected - only one sheet is being printed.

If you want to print a lot of xls files with more then one sheet inside - and if you don't want to open each file manually and select all sheets or set the printing option to 'print all sheets - it seems this is the only one way to accomplish this. Windows allows you to select (and print) up to 15 files via context menu.

Is there a chance that this feature will be implemented? This would be really great! I wrote a little tool for a school and the secretaries love it, but it is a lot of work to open over 40 excel files (for each class) each time and do the things described above in order to print them out.

Thanks for any reply!

P.S. I guess, that is what he meant, too: http://phpexcel.codeplex.com/discussions/355844

P.P.S. Another, easier way would of course be to save the printing option (print all sheets) by default – but I guess this is not possible, since even Excel itself does not allow you to save this.