how to create ole object with a file and insert it into excel

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 10, 2008 at 7:51 AM
there are many files , i'd like to insert this files into the target excel file with ole, how to do?  
does anyone have sample code for doing this?

Thanks,
aayz
Developer
Oct 10, 2008 at 8:43 AM
I don't have any answer, but can you provide some more information what you are trying to do? It is not so clear. What are your source files?
Oct 10, 2008 at 9:51 AM

I want to embed some small files into a .xls file.

for example, 
there are some files:
./test/a.ppt
./test/b.doc
./test/c.zip

I want to create new xls file to store these files. 

when opening the xls file, you can find 3 icons , if you double click the icon of a.ppt, the ppt will open. 

Can the package OLE in phpexcel  do this job?

Developer
Oct 10, 2008 at 11:47 PM
I now understand what you mean. Although I don't have much experience with the OLE package, I'm afraid this may be somewhat above the scope of what is possible using these classes. PHPExcel probably needs to mature a bit more before such functionality can be added.
Oct 11, 2008 at 1:43 AM
thanks for your reply!
Oct 11, 2008 at 2:15 AM
by the way, what could OLE package do now?  does it provides another way to store worksheet ?

I could not find any examples which used OLE package. can you give me some links about it?

thank you!
Developer
Oct 11, 2008 at 4:29 PM
Cannot help much with this question, but others might know. All I know is that the OLE components used within PHPExcel are based on the PEAR OLE package. Maybe you can find more information over there: http://pear.php.net/package/OLE

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:18 AM
thanks