Unable to find /PHPExcel/Shared/String.php

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Hello:

First let me begin by saying this is a wonderful framework. I have been able to save people time and create great applications that make very detailed, extensive spreadsheets as well as read data from many spreadsheets and create a report from it.

Now, on to the problem:

We have many Linux servers at the office (I, unfortunately do not know anything about them regarding version/OS), one is used for testing, and the other is used for primary deployment (which then feeds to the others). The development server is running PHP 5.3.8 and the primary deployment server is only on 5.3.0.

I can run my PHPExcel apps on the 5.3.8 server but not the 5.3.0. I have trolled the blogs and forums and discussions and all I was able to find was discussions surrounding the autoloader not working or conflicting with other frameworks. It appears that it is for the other classes it tries to load (i.e. ZipStreamWrapper, etc). but gets hung up on the String class.

Does PHPExcel 1.7.7 require something of PHP that 5.3.0 won't natively have installed? If there is a discussions concerning this class specifically, I apologize that I missed it.

This is a bugger since I cannot get my projects deployed.

Any help is greatly appreciated from the developers and the community. Again, very nice product and work!!!