PHPExcel creates unreadable content

Topics: User Forum
Aug 21, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Hello,

I'm using PHPExcel to create a little report for myself, and I've been experiencing some trouble. When I generated the file, everything goes well, untill I try to open the file. When I open it, Excel says unreadable content has been encountered and the only way to open it is to "repair" it. Apparently, there's something wrong in the "xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml" file, because that's where it says it encountered the error. I've opened the file with a zip-archiver, and I found out that this was always the / at the end of the <pageMargins> tag in the sheet1.xml file.

I'm kindof at a loss here, I've tried all sorts of things but it just keeps on popping up that error. Even if I just create a PHPExcel-object and then just write to a file. I've got other scripts working with PHPExcel just fine, this is the only one that's causing trouble for me. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm using Excel 2007 on Windows Vista 64-bit at home, and the server is running Apache 1.3.37 and PHP 5.2.3. I'm using PHPExcel 1.6.2, I could supply you with more info when asked.

Greetings,

Patriot
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2008 at 2:52 PM
Can you upload the file somewhere?
Aug 21, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2008 at 7:14 PM
The Excel file can be found here, and you can view the source of the page in which I create the Excel file here. Thanks for helping!

Oh, by the way, the error I get is
Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error.  Load error. Line 69, column 89.
Removed Feature: Column information from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 6:47 AM
This is a known issue, it will be fixed in 1.6.3 (or latest sources on http://www.codeplex.com/PHPExcel/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx).

Problem is that you have a different locale setting which formats numbers with comma (i.e. 5,25 instead of 5.25).