Class 'XMLWriter' not found

Topics: User Forum
Jan 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I have just installed PHPExcel but all the tests are failing on 'Write to Excel2007', giving the error 'Class 'XMLWriter' not found'.

I understand this may be to do with my set up (local) missing the php_zip and php_xml modules, but how do I add them?

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM

have you heard of google? remember, this forum is about PHPExcel, and not about system administration. Furthermore, you give 0 details about your system setup: what os are you on, how did you install php, did you compile it yourself? what are your configure options, etc

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

No need to be so rude Borft - The reason I am here is because of Google, because it suggested that PHPExcel may be able to do what I require. If you would like me to give details then ask and I will provide them.

I have PHP Version 5.3.3, running on Linux (CentOS 5.5). I set this up myself, but it was 'out of the box' - I have no experience with configuring PHP, hence why I am asking for help.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM

alrighty, how about installing php-xml and php-zip, they are most probably readily available from your standard package repository, I found that answer in a google query that took me about 10 seconds ;)

Remember that you have to restart apache (i'm guessing you use apache), after changing the php config, assuming you are using mod_php. enabling the mods, if centos doesn't do that automatically can be done through php config in /etc/php5.