Writing XLSX files on live site

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 23, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Hello, this is my first post here. First of all thank you for this great library.

I am integrating PHPExcel (latest version 1.7.5) into Joomla and I am quite happy with the library so far. I've read here for hours but could not find a similar problem or a solution.

1. Local machine (XAMPP, PHP 5.2.9) all working fine. Excel5 and Excel2007 import and export all working. Files can be opened or downloaded. No problems at all.

2. Live site (PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.12 with php_zip enabled). Excel5 works without any problems, Excel2007 can only be imported, export does not work.

I do not get error messages and my server log does not contain messages. Firebug doesn't help either. The fact that I can open Excel2007 files tells me that phpzip is fully working and that the rest of the setup seems to be OK.

Does anyone here have an idea or ran into a similar problem? If yes, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the test script did not run either due to a rights setting. I could correct that.

Question: where does the Excel2007 writer create the temporary ZIP file??

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Well, what can I say. After further testing with the rights settings I figured what directory is used for the temporary zip file and I adjusted the settings. And it works!

What I've not found out yet is how to determine the path for the temp file, because I don't like where it is strored now - under Joomlaroot/administrator.

Thank you anyway and keep up the good work.