Problems with hidden cloumns/rows and large sheets

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 30, 2010 at 3:09 PM
I am very new to PHPExcel and I am having trouble in a couple of areas. I am using PHP version 5.2.13 and PHPExcel version 1.7.3 running on an up-to-date RHEL5 server. Firstly, I have a spreadsheet with hidden columns and rows which I am asking PHPExcel to read. It reads ok and I can update and save it ok except that in the saved file columns that weren't hidden before are now hidden. In fact I end up with just column A! Is this a bug or are there steps I am missing out to maintain all the formatting along with hidden items? The second problem is to do with size. I have seen a number of possible solutions on the forum, but none of them seem to work for me. The file is an Excel 2003 workbook with 20 sheets and a lot of formatting (including hidden columns and rows). PHPExcel appears to read it ok, but then stops without updating or saving. Do you have any code examples of how to work with large files like this? The file is 1.3Mb in size. I also have a file of 5.4Mb that I am hoping to work with. Any pointers would be greatfully received.