Cell Format Style Date Bug

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 29, 2010 at 4:11 AM

Hello PHPExcel Developer Team,

i want to convert some data from grid to excel

on my grid i have a column that it's filled a date data

when i convert to excel , i see the format cell not work

example : i have data Jun 29,2010 when i convert to excel that format cell should be like mmm dd,yyyy. but it didn't work

it's work when i double click that cell (value has been change to Jun 29,2010 from 2010/06/29)

my code like that :

for($i=0;$i<count($KdCompln);$i++) {   
        $objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->getStyle('B'.$rowC)->getNumberFormat()->setFormatCode('mmm dd,yyyy');

in that code i convert value to yyyy/mm/dd  from grid

in the excel cell i got yyyy/mm/dd format, when i double click the cell it has been mmm dd,yyyy format

that is a bug or my code has wrong?

Best Regards,

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:13 AM

If this

is where you're setting the date value for the cell, then you need to change it and set an Excel date. What you're doing here is setting the cell to be a string containing "2010/06/29".

Excel holds dates as a positive floating point numeric value, the number of days since 1st January 1900, with the fractional part representing the time. PHP holds dates as a signed integer value, the number of seconds since/before January 1 1970 00:00:00 GMT, or as a SateTime object. When storing a value to be used as a date using PHPExcel, you need to store the numeric value that Excel will recognise: when reading a date from Excel, you need to convert it to a PHP date/timestamp or DateTime object. Functions to perform these conversions are built into the PHPExcel_Shared_Date class.

PHPExcel_Shared_Date::FormattedPHPToExcel($year, $month, $day, $hours=0, $minutes=0, $seconds=0)

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Edited Jun 29, 2010 at 11:21 AM

thank you for ur explanation mark

i solved my problem..

i'm used use PHPExcel_Shared_Date::stringToExcel() and it's work fineee...

i have one problem again ..

when i set the print area, print area show on excel after i'm klik print preview on excel

that is a bug sir?

once again thanks for ur explanation sir,

Best Regards,