1.7.3 regression from 1.7.2

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 23, 2010 at 3:58 AM
First of all, thanks to the PHPExcel team for their hardwork at producing this package. Searching through this discussion board, it's clear that resource management (memory AND speed) is a top priority. There seems to be a regression from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3 both in terms of memory usage AND in terms of speed. I will post my test php file as well as the test csv file to the posting page for that. The deal breaker is when PHPExcel writes out; it takes a lot longer to write out using 1.7.3. About 5 times longer. And this is for a relatively small file (735K). Even though 1.7.3 has a fix for a problem I was running into with getHighestColumn, I can't use it because it takes so much longer to write the data out; our data sets are much larger than 735K... about 5 MB of MySQL data. Is this a known regression? I'm ok with the memory footprint being slightly larger since I've seen some things in this discussion board that indicate this is being worked on, but the speed issue is too big for me to move forward in upgrading to 1.7.3.