Ubuntu server is duplicating sheets from template file....


I hope someone out there can help me. I installed my Cakephp based application on an Ubuntu servetoday. Previously it was running on a Debian server and I develop on a windows machine. I have noticed that a PhpExcel based function is behaving differently on the Ubuntu server and I do not know why....
What this code does is open a template Excel file, change some values and then sends the output to the browser so that it can be downloaded. This works fine on Windows/Debian but for some reason when I just try to open a reader/write to the output on the new server it add new numbered sheets to the outputted excel file. Eg the file has two sheets: 'monkey', 'cat'. and the output contains 'monkey' ,'cat', 'monkey 1' and 'cat 1'. Plus the styling of the sheets are messed up.

Can anyone explain this to me? Perhaps it is a lamp config setting that is missing but right now I do not know.

I am attaching the outputted excel file

file attachments

Closed Oct 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM by maartenba


kseudo wrote Oct 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Here is the initial template file:

kseudo wrote Oct 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Here is the correctly outputted excel file from another server...

kseudo wrote Oct 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Here is the full phpinfo for the Ubuntu server

kseudo wrote Oct 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Working exported file (from Debian server) without data

kseudo wrote Oct 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Template file without data

kseudo wrote Oct 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Exported file from Ubuntu server with extra sheets (no data)