Can not find file error message on windows

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 4, 2010 at 5:34 AM

HI all

i just found the discussion facility under project home. I have downloaded the latest zip version today and made it work (which is great and fun bit.) I am having couple of issues as follows:

(1) Excel file generated are in office 2007 format (.xlsx extension). How can I create office 2003 file (with .xls) extension.

(2) Every time i try to open generated excel file I get message that "windows cannot find c:\wamp\wwww\cs_admin\read_english_xml.xlsx. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.", but interestingly windows open the same file from Temp directory in "Read-only" format. How can fix this issue?

(3) How can i write chinese, japanese and few other languages data in to Excel file. Seems that I have missed something here.

To provide more idea I am using windows XP and wamp 2.0 server. Php version is 5.2.9-2 with php_zip extension enabled.

This is kind of urgent so please reply asap.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Kalpan

 

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2010 at 9:15 AM
kalpan_vyas wrote:

(1) Excel file generated are in office 2007 format (.xlsx extension). How can I create office 2003 file (with .xls) extension.

It's as easy as using the Excel5 writer (rather than the Excel2007 writer), and specifying a filename with an extension of .xls. Take a look at 14excel5.php in the /Tests directory
Note that certain features of Excel aren't yet available in the Excel5 writer (e.g. use of functions from the analysis toolkpack in your formulae)

kalpan_vyas wrote:

(2) Every time i try to open generated excel file I get message that "windows cannot find c:\wamp\wwww\cs_admin\read_english_xml.xlsx. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.", but interestingly windows open the same file from Temp directory in "Read-only" format. How can fix this issue?

That sounds like something contained within your worksheet. Do you have any links to external files? or similar? that might be using relative path names?

kalpan_vyas wrote:

(3) How can i write chinese, japanese and few other languages data in to Excel file. Seems that I have missed something here.

Just use UTF-8 for all your text within PHPExcel. See 26utf8.php in the /Tests directory

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:22 PM

HI Mark

Thanks for quick response. will try to do it in that way.

 

thanks again

kalpan