User-defined saved location

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I've filtered through the discussions and I cannot find a topic that relates to giving the user the choice of where to save. Is there a configuration to request the location the user desires, or is that something that is handled solely on the client (browser) side?

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

If the user is downloading a file to their local PC, then the option of open/save, and where they save it to is handled by the browser.

Take a look at the header() statements in 01simple-download-xls.php in the /Tests directory for examples of downloading through the browser

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Edited Feb 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I have done that and all I get is a bunch of ASCII characters, viewable from the example 01simple-download-xls.php as well as my file.

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM

It's likely then that there is some output being sent to the browser before the headers, an echo in the code, or a blank space outside of the <?php ?> tags

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:13 AM
MarkBaker wrote:

It's likely then that there is some output being sent to the browser before the headers, an echo in the code, or a blank space outside of the <?php ?> tags

My first thought was also that some header data was being sent to the server prior to the export.

I am not sure why I was consistently loading a cached version of the script even though I deleted my temp files and cookies and such, but when everything worked fine this morning when I tested the script again.

Thanks! Solved.