File uploads in discussion posts?

Topics: Project Management Forum
Developer
Oct 9, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Here at CodePlex we don't have the ability to upload files in discussion posts. There was a feature request for this close to 3 years ago, but nothing has happened.

Not only is it difficult for users to send us files. But we often need users to open this or that Excel file as part of debugging.

Any reliable host offering a free permanent storage solution? Or could we reserve an area of the wiki for this purpose?

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

We could reserve an issue on the issue tracker? Attachments are supported there.

Another option would be for me to open a drop folder on my server somewhere.

Let me know what you prefer.

Developer
Oct 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Good idea reserving an issue in the issue tracker. One can hyperlink to the uploaded file, so I think it is an acceptable solution.

Can we include the instructions in discussion guidelines and provide a link to the issue reserved for file attachments?

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM
OK, I will do this monday.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM, koyama <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Good idea reserving an issue in the issue tracker. One can hyperlink to the uploaded file, so I think it is an acceptable solution.

Can we include the instructions in discussion guidelines and provide a link to the issue reserved for file attachments?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PHPExcel@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PHPExcel@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Check http://phpexcel.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=10749. I also updated discussion guidelines.