Must double click on cell

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:37 AM

Hi koyama, please help me!

please view my clip:

After i export data to file excel, The cells hold 'Formula' or have format 'Date' must be double click on cells -> display value true.

I don't want to double click. please help me.

Thanks you so much.

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I see there is some weird thing going on. Thanks for the screen cast.

Can you upload the generated Excel file somewhere? Or you can send it to me: (erik at phpexcel dot net)

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Hmm... I have tried various things with the file you sent me, but when I open it in MS Office Excel 2007 I don't have to click or double click in any cell to see those values.

For example, I see the value 3,000,000 in cell W14 as soon as I open the workbook. Any idea what am I doing wrong? Does this also happen for you in 3 ?

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I have now looked at this in detail. Conclusion is that the formula parser in PHPExcel_Writer_Excel5 is at fault.

The unary minus operator is written incorrectly. Sample formula that is not working with PHPExcel_Writer_Excel5:

Although the formula looks correct when the generated xls file is opened in Excel, it is not ok internally. (But double-click or enter can rectify the problem.) Effectively, the unary minus token is put around the whole expression

which is not the same as the previous formula.

Workaround until this bug is fixed:

Put parenthesis around -A1 as follows when you write formulas using PHPExcel_Writer_Excel5

@daklan: For example, you have formulas that look like this:

If you change to this I think it will be ok: