Newbie - easy function reference - is there one?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 2, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Hi,

OK might be a stupid question and apolgies if it is, but I'm looking for an easy functional reference to use with PHPExcel.

For example, I was looking for how I would change a Cell colour so that the font is red for example. Now of course at present I will look in an exampe for somewhere this has been done and copy the code, however it would be great if there was an easy reference that I coudl use.

The question might be stupid as I'm sure there is a good reason why I have not found one, but lookin in the docs at the Appendix I was looking at the entries and I could see "GetColour" but I was expecting a SetColour.

On searching through the rest of the doc I found an example which shows

$objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->getStyle('B2')->getFont()->getColor()->setARGB(PHPExcel_Style_Color::COLOR_RED);

So I assume I need to get the colo9ur object and then set it using "setARGB".

But there was no where I could look up this info or look up SetARGB and find out more about the function (at least I cannot find it).

I'm probably quite old school (pre - OO approach to coding) but I'm learning bit by bit.

Thanks

Developer
Sep 2, 2009 at 12:28 AM

>> But there was no where I could look up this info or look up SetARGB and find out more about the function (at least I cannot find it).

What you are looking for is the API. If you download the PHPExcel 1.7.0 release it is located here:

Documentation > API > index.html

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Great! Also those text files in the same folder. Function by category for example. I was looking for these online.

Thanks.