Future of PHP Excel?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 1 at 9:28 PM
I've been using PHPExcel for a while now, and once I worked out a few idiosyncrasies, I have it working 100%. Other than the occasional failure to evaluate certain functions, it's working great.

Having said that, what is the future of PHPExcel? I notice the last release was about two years ago. Is there any current/future development planned?

I ask because I used to use a different product to read Excel spreadsheets, but the devs abandoned it and it doesn't work with newer spreadsheet versions. It essentially died and I had to rework all of my code that deals with spreadsheets.
Coordinator
Mar 1 at 9:39 PM
Actually, the last release was one year ago..... PHPExcel has been maintained on github since June 2012, as indicated (several times) here on the codeplex home page.

Development on PHPExcel is still ongoing there, and I really wish that people would let me kill off the site here on codeplex
Mar 1 at 9:58 PM
Wow - I'm so sorry, I totally missed the announcement. As far as I'm concerned, you can go ahead and kill the codeplex site, maybe people like me will quit asking lol. Thank you for your hard work and excellent product!
Mar 1 at 10:07 PM
BTW http://www.phpexcel.net/ gives 500 - Internal server error.