Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15300602 bytes)

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 10, 2009 at 5:40 AM

Hi,

I have a problem regarding memory size. I already set ini_set('memory_limit','512M'). The pdf file iam working on is about 18,000+ rows. I already tried to adjust it to 1024M, but the server can't process it. It Just hangs up. Please Help me  :( Thank you.

Regards,
Vile

Developer
Aug 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Ugg... You have many rows. The PHPExcel_Writer_PDF writer uses TCPDF as underlying package. Apparently it swallows large amounts of PHP memory. Rule of thumb may be around 10KB per cell.

We have no solution yet how to improve performance of the PDF writer. In the future we should try to improve on this, but right now, no luck. Sorry about this.

Aug 12, 2009 at 12:54 AM
koyama wrote:

Ugg... You have many rows. The PHPExcel_Writer_PDF writer uses TCPDF as underlying package. Apparently it swallows large amounts of PHP memory. Rule of thumb may be around 10KB per cell.

We have no solution yet how to improve performance of the PDF writer. In the future we should try to improve on this, but right now, no luck. Sorry about this.

:(  10kb / cell..  i have a 18,000 x 11 worksheet. hmmmm maybe i'll just make several files. Thanks for your reply :)