Writing a wide table to pdf

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 5, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Edited Aug 5, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Hi, i am writing a table with 5-8 columns with setAutoSize(true).  My table does not fit the page horizontally and some part of it doesn't seem at the right. I want to show all columns fit to the page (the font can be smaller, it's no problem). I use these lines and worked in excel but not in pdf:

$xls->getActiveSheet()->getPageSetup()->setPaperSize(PHPExcel_Worksheet_PageSetup::PAPERSIZE_A4);
$xls->getActiveSheet()->getPageSetup()->setOrientation(PHPExcel_Worksheet_PageSetup::ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE);
$xls->getActiveSheet()->getPageSetup()->setFitToWidth();

Also I used page margin functions to remove margins and it doesn't work in pdf but in excel.

What may i do ?

Developer
Aug 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Unfortunately, the PDF writer is still somewhat primitive. You are correct that fit-to-width does not work with the PDF writer. I will see if some of the things you are mentioning can be solved.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Thanks for the reply. By the way,  I am using zoho crm and exported something in pdf. Whatever the table width is, it fits the page in anyway and there is no margin problem. So I think there should be a way to fix these things in your library, too

thanks, in advance