Passing non implemented methodes to the xls(x) file

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if it isn't possible to pass al functions with not implemented methodes to the export.

Like I have some templates wich use DBSOM but that's not needed in my PHPExcel because it's already set in the template and only change if the user change some values in the created field.

Now it clear the cell so I lose the formula.

I don't know or this is possible and if there are more peoples who should like this.

Regards,

Tobias

Developer
Jul 23, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "non implemented" methods? Is it the formula lost when the template is read by the reader, or is the formula lost when creating the Excel file with the writer?

Can you elaborate a bit?

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Hello,

After reading a did this:

echo $sheet->getCell('G57')->getDataType().' '.$sheet->getCell('G57')->getValue().PHP_EOL;

Wich result in: f =DSUM(F46:G56,"WTF vervanging",HIDDEN!$B$26:$B$27)

So the reading is correct.

After writing it's total empty (both reader and writer are .xls)

I hope you understand it.

Regards,

Tobias van Beek

Van: koyama [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 23 juli 2009 8:21
Aan: tobiasvanbeek@gmail.com
Onderwerp: Re: Passing non implemented methodes to the xls(x) file [PHPExcel:63185]

I'm not sure what you mean by "non implemented" methods? Is it the formula lost when the template is read by the reader, or is the formula lost when creating the Excel file with the writer?

Can you elaborate a bit?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PHPExcel@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PHPExcel@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Jul 25, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Excel5 writer does not support absolute cell references in formulas. Here is the problem:
http://phpexcel.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=7895

I know it is not an optimal solution, but see if you can get away replacing $B$26:$B$27 with B26:B27