Image offset

Topics: User Forum
Jun 29, 2009 at 3:43 AM
Edited Jun 29, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Do image offset work in a merge cell ?

I use PHPExcel 5 Writer for output and set the image offset with setOffsetX()

i have two column one is not merge , and the other is merged

the offset works in the  first column but not in the second

is there any other option i need to set for the image offset that put in the merged cell to work

Jun 29, 2009 at 3:51 AM

i solved the problem sorry you can delete the post ..

Jun 29, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Merged or not merged. It should not make any difference. If I recall correctly how image positioning works then you should just position the image as if there are no merged cells at all. For example, if A1:B1 are merged, then you can still position an image using B1 as grid reference even if it participates in a merge.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Why my image get boxed , i mean it become perfectly square while it should be a vertical image ( height > width ) ?

I manage to change it last time but i don't remember anymore
after i update with the latest patch ( the one that change Excel 5 to Excel 97/2000/XP) it get boxed again

Any idea , solution to this ?

NOte: i didn't change anything in the BaseDrawing.php i take a  look at it and find nothing is wrong there

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:00 AM

This may be tricky. How much is it distorted? Can you post some screenshots, or send me the Excel file? (erik at phpexcel dot net)

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:38 AM

I already sent the xls result to (erik at phpexcel dot net)

Can you please check it thanks

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Fixed one issue that could be related to this:

Not sure whether this also solves your case. Can you try to generate both xls and xlsx versions using Excel5 and Excel2007 writers and compare them?