Write new excel file without protection?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Hi Guys,
I need to write excel file without protection (Read-Only), I need to create new excel file which allow other use can edit it, I tried several ways but still no luck, I always got Read-Only on top of my excel

Thanks,
Frank
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:55 AM
If the file is being downloaded to a client PC from the internet (whether generated by PHPExcel, or from any server on the internet), then you will get this with more recent versions of MS Excel, and there's no way of preventing MS Excel from doing that (other than rewriting MS Excel itself).
Jul 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM
MarkBaker wrote:
If the file is being downloaded to a client PC from the internet (whether generated by PHPExcel, or from any server on the internet), then you will get this with more recent versions of MS Excel, and there's no way of preventing MS Excel from doing that (other than rewriting MS Excel itself).
I write the file in htdocs, I'm not sure if I write the file inside my server is still a client-server relationship (But should be right? php is server side)
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 4:29 PM
PHP runs on the server, and PHPExcel runs on the server; the file is then downloaded from the server to the client.