Chars Problem

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM
I have search the forum for problems with chars, but havent found my problem.

When writting some chars like: ã, ó, õ é, è, º ,ª  and more...

The excel file becomes corrupted and impossible to open.

i have try to encode it in UTF-8 with no results, changed the charset with no results, my file e saved in UTF-8 encoding.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

José Luis Gouveia (even my name gives an error :p)
Developer
Apr 8, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Hmm... It should really be working. This kind of problems usually arise because many editors have poor support for editing in UTF-8.

Here is what your script should look like in Notepad++ v5.3.1 Unicode.

Apr 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM
1. when putting like you the writer, Fatal error: Class 'PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007
2. $objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->setCellValue('E' . ($i+2), $name); this is how i+m giving the cell a value.

This makes any difference?

thank you

On Apr 8, 2009, at 11:16 AM, koyama wrote:

Hmm... It should really be working. This kind of problems usually arise because many editors have poor support for editing in UTF-8.

Here is what your script should look like in Notepad++ v5.3.1 Unicode.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PHPExcel@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PHPExcel@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Apr 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Yes, you need to include PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007 to make it work. I still think it is an encoding problem. Try to double-check the encoding, or you can send me the generated Excel file so I can inspect (erik at phpexcel dot net).