How can I export data from multiple MySQL table to Excel

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM
I am totally new to PHPExcel tool, but aware of import and export system by PHP. I know how to import and export data from MySQL to CSV and CSV to MySQL, but now I need something more advance and I found PHPExcel but unfortunately I am not getting any concrete database example with PHPExcel.
I saw few discussion here but they are not actually meeting my requirement.
like - Discussion of PHPExcel
My requirement - I have 5 tables out of 5 I need some selective columns from 4 tables only to be exported in Excel file then 3 more columns will be added in that excel file and data will be filled in those columns after that that excel file will be uploaded to the 5th table of MySQL.

Any guidance or suggestion will help me to accomplish my work.

Thank you all.
Jan 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
That data come from a table or four, the technique is the same. As with other types of output, it is preferable to have all of the data retrieved by a single query if they are intended to supply the same stream (here, the same sheet), otherwise, it must implement a mechanism to align.

To read the file completed, one of the examples in the chapter 4.5.5 is a base. Instead of displaying the result, should build the proper query to populate the table.

The main difficulties concern the formatting of data, in particular the dates/times.