Problem with inserting new rows

Topics: User Forum
Feb 20, 2009 at 1:25 AM
I'm having a problem when inserting new rows and then saving as Excel5. I've tried your test script 14excel5.php and have the same problem with it. If I run that script as is, then when I open the resulting excel file, everything looks fine with content in the first 27 rows, but the scroll bar on the right is very very small and scrolls down to row 65536. If I immediately save the file, then the scroll bar resets and all is well. On my own script, I echoed the result from getHighestRow, and it only 'sees' the rows with content, not the 65536. In trying to find out where these rows are being added, I tried commenting out lines 356-359 in your test script 05featuredemo.inc.php (which is called from 14excel5.php). These rows are the ones that insert and then delete some new rows. When rows are not inserted, then the resulting file is fine with the vertical scrollbar only spanning the real content, not the 65536 rows. So there is something going on with the insertNewRowBefore() function. Any ideas? It happens with your code, too, so is it a bug? Thanks for checking into it.
Developer
Feb 20, 2009 at 5:17 AM
Will check this!

Developer
Feb 20, 2009 at 6:28 AM
Issue verified, and investigated here:
http://www.codeplex.com/PHPExcel/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9294

Thank you for your report.