Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to PHPExcel_Calculation::extractCellRange() must be an instance of PHPExcel_Worksheet

Topics: User Forum
Sep 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Hello.

I am having an issue when trying to read inside an excel file.
The file in itself is pretty complexe, and I have spent quite a lot of time turning it into something more simple to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Here is the error message I get:
Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to PHPExcel_Calculation::extractCellRange() must be an instance of PHPExcel_Worksheet, instance of PHPExcel_CachedObjectStorage_Memory given, called in [.....]/Classes/PHPExcel/Calculation/LookupRef.php on line 429 and defined in [.....]/Classes/PHPExcel/Calculation.php on line 3687
This is the excel formula I think (and I do emphasise on the fact that I am not really sure, but deleting the cells containing formulas such as this one creates a different error --> going one step further in correcting the problems ^^)
=IF(ISBLANK(D13);"--";VLOOKUP(B21;OFFSET(page9!I1;MATCH(D13;page9!$I$3:$I$122;0);1;12;2);2;FALSE))
Is my guess that this formula is going to create troubles true ? I read that the OFFSET function had some issues in the past...
Has anyone encountered any thing such as this and, if so, managed to correct it?

I am using phpexcel 1.7.9 on a linux server running PHP Version 5.3.24

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Sep 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I created a new issue so that I could upload a file as an example causing this issue.
You can find it here
Sep 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM
up
Oct 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Has anyone got a clue that could help me solve this issue please?
Feb 26, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Did you find the solution to this problem? I'm running against it myself... :-(
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM
If you'd looked at the Issue log linked in the second post in this thread, you'd have seen:
MarkBaker wrote Oct 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM 

This issue is fixed in the develop branch on github