Fixed scale in chart

Topics: User Forum
Aug 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Hello,

I've recently been working with PHPExcel (version 1.7.9) to generate some reports from a template. Said template includes a few charts. So far, everything works fine save for one detail. The scale for the Y-axis is automatically assigned by PHPExcel based on the data, and I'd like it to be fixed (it's a 1 to 5 scale, but if the data being charted doesn't reach 5, the maximum defaults to the one on the data).

So I have two questions, after a lot of searching:
1) I understand that fixed scale charts are not supported by PHPExcel yet. Is this correct?

2) Is there a way to circumvent this limitation, perhaps by defining the scale myself for the chart through the code?

Thanks beforehand.
Jan 15, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Hello,

Anyone as a solution to this question, I have the same issue, a chart bar with value between 0 and 100 and I can't rendering this. The data doesn't start to 0 if no 0 value are in the series.

The last solution is to modify the Excel file to change manually the scaled minimum and maximum, not a real good use :(

Thank's a lot for answer.
Mar 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Mostly just a +1, this would be really useful for me as well. I got to know the charting code pretty well when it was first introduced a couple of years back, so the next time I get to work on this I might come up with a patch.