I'm having a hell of a time getting PhpExcel to work properly. I've tried to get it to work on my shared Linux hosting account, but the file would always be empty (0 bytes).
PHP 5.2.1 - enabled with zip, gd & xml_rpc
So I said alright, I'll try phpExcel on my windows box using Wamp server (http://www.wampserver.com/en/).
Windows PHP 5.2.8 - enabled with zip, gd & xml_rpc
The result on the windows box was it created a file that was ~6k, but is "unreadable" by Excel 2007.
In both cases I am only trying to run the "Hello world" example as shown
(I am able to see the excel file properly from that link, so it's not my excel installation).
Can someone help me with these 2 cases? I know the requirements say use php_xml, but it seems like that dll is deprecated. I searched all over for it, but could not find it. (Only found posts saying xmlrpc / php5.2 should handle the xml, and don't need it.
I also tried enabaling php_domxml. But that did not change anything.)
Please let me know if you need any additional information on these cases.
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:15 AM
There are unfortunately known problems with recent PHP installations on Windows. Check
FAQ section "Excel 2007 can not open the file generated by PHPExcelWriter2007 on Windows".
Also check latest posts in
I would suggest that you first try to get it working on Linux first using the included tests in the release download.