Chart Title and Axis Label Styling / Formatting

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I am wondering what the status is of styling/formatting Chart Titles and Axis Labels?

When trying to load & save an example .xlsx which contains styling (font size, font, color, background..) of the Title of a Chart it is being completely ignored in the saved file, leading me to assume this is not implemented at all yet in PHPExcel?

Looking at least in _writeTitle of PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007_Chart I see that the Title is being written as a PHPExcel_RichText, but still if I try to modify the text color of the PHPExcel_RichText I'm setting as the title of my Chart, the default (black) is still being used in the generated .xlsx

Am I trying to do something which is not supported yet, or am I doing something wrong?

If not supported yet I would be happy to help to add this functionality, as we're relying heavily on PHPExcel at my company. I would need some pointers though to get me started, since I'm still fairly new to PHPExcel.

Best regards,
Jun 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I managed to fix these for myself in the 1.7.9 release of PHPExcel.

The changes are available here in case it would help anyone else having the same problem:

If someone can point me in the right direction I would be happy to prepare these as proper contributions to the project.
Jun 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM
We use github for the source repository, as you've figured simply by forking; so just submit as a pull request