Issues upgrading from 1.7.5 to 1.7.8 - "open_basedir restriction" and "Could not close zip file php://output"

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Hi all,

After upgrading to 1.7.8 I'm getting serious issues. The application is hosted (I cannot modify php.ini). There have been no issues like that in the past with other libraries etc. so I'd say it isn't their fault.

1. When generating and downloading Excel5 file:

Warning:  realpath() [function.realpath]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual) in /data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual/www/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/File.php on line 136

It's warning only but it's a part of the output and PHPExcel 1.7.5 didn't generate it.

upload_tmp_dir contains /data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual/tmp
open_basedir contains /data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual
include_path cintains .:/data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual

2. When generating & downloading Excel2007 file:

Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not close zip file php://output.' in /data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual/www/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php:378
Stack trace:
#0 /data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual/www/admin/faktura.php(132): PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007->save('php://output')
#1 {main}
  thrown in /data/web/virtuals/zzz/virtual/www/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 378

General fIle uploads / downloads work normally so it doesn't seem to be tmp folder permission issue. It was the only idea I could find related to this.

Thanks for any help.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Both solved. The cause really was the hosting provider and the value they return when calling sys_get_temp_dir.