what's up man!! i'm using PHPExcel 1.7.7 still got, Call to a member function getNestingLevel() on a non-object in

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

i know this has been mentions soo much in the earlier discussion with varies users, but the situation i got here, might be different or i just too lazy and not to read somewhere about the correct solution with this bug,.

i'm not sure cause i try to use the latest library of PHPExcel (1.7.7), but the result still the same, throw an error Call to a member function getNestingLevel() on a non-object in PHPExcel\Reader\Excel5.php on line 950

here's is my code  to load the excel files

$excel = PHPExcel_IOFactory::load($inputFileName);

as a note i just got this error when i try to use the file in the attachment as input source to the script, but my other excel files just work correctly and don't have a problem like that!

my working environment :

php version 5.3.6 as module in Apache/2.2.20 (Win64) PHP/5.3.6

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Try using the latest github develop branch code - this bug has been fixed since the 1.7.7 release

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM
MarkBaker wrote:

Try using the latest github develop branch code - this bug has been fixed since the 1.7.7 release

it's now works like a charm, it's cool man :D !

i just read the changelog file in the packages of PHPExcel version 1.7.7 which i downloaded yesterday via codeplex, and i found that the bug been fixed.!

that's why i mention about it again, cause the information i get is irrelevant with my practice experience. btw, thanks a lot for your help.  and thanks for the released of this cool software, have a nice day man. :D