Change colour in chart

Topics: User Forum
Aug 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Does anyone know how to change the colour for the bar chart? Thanks.

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I would love to know this as well. Thanks!

Kevin

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

At this point, no! Allowing you to specify colours/styling for each dataseries is the next stage in the ongoing development of chart support.

Sep 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Great, thanks for the quick reply Mark.

Just curious, this is all based on http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-376.htm? Which edition? Is the specification in a useful online format anywhere, or do you just use the PDFs, xml files, etc?

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM

As far as I'm aware, the documents are only available online in the versions that are available at the ECMA site or the corresponding ISO standard (ISO/IEC 29500:2008).

There were some changes between the ECMA and ISO versions of the standard required by the fast-track process to get the standard adopted by ISO (such as the definition of permitted values for xsd:boolean) or the fact that ISO 8601 dates will break ECMA-376. The second edition of the ECMA standard corresponds with the ISO standard.

As a simplification, Excel2007 follows the second edition of the standard, but Excel2010 uses extensions defined in the third version. I try to maintain everything against the second edition and against the ISO standard to ensure full compatibility with MS Excel 2007, so none of the extended features that were added between the 1st and 3rd versions. Note that there are some minor discrepancies between the defined specification, and the structure used in MS Excel (e.g. Font format elements must be defined in a specific order, which is contradicted by the standard).

The Strict variant of the standard is not yet fully supported. Microsoft Office 2010 provides read support for ECMA-376, read/write support for ISO/IEC 29500 Transitional, and read support for ISO/IEC 29500 Strict. Microsoft has stated that Office 2013 will support both read and write of ISO/IEC

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Mark, when do you think will be available?

Thanks! Great job!