Formula tripping error in cell.php line 288

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM

My formulas are throwing an error.  They work in OpenOffice.org, MS Excel and Applixware.

The formula is as follows: 

->setCellValue('AN7', '=IF(B7=0; "50.00"; IF(B7>0;ABS(50-(100*NORMSDIST(AL7)))))')

The spreadsheet throws this error: 

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Simple!AN7 -> Formula Error: An unexpected error occured' in E:\wamp\www\aggcon 3\phpexcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Cell.php on line 288

( ! ) Exception: Simple!AN7 -> Formula Error: An unexpected error occured in E:\wamp\www\aggcon 3\phpexcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Cell.php on line 288

You can see the actually excel file it generates with all errors at www.ryansquared.com/issue.xls

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM

commas not semi-colons as argument separator!

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Oddly enough, my openoffice was showing the formula with the ; character as the separator.  When I opened it in LibreOffice it had a comma instead.  I was just copying and pasting out of a spreadsheet that worked, but the program was giving me bad data.   If it wasn't for you Mark I don't think I would have caught this.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM

, or ; is a locale setting, so probably OpenOffice and LibreOffice are configured for different locales