PHP_XML for mac?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 13, 2008 at 8:49 AM
Hi There,

I need to prepare a Mac server to run php excel. The problem is, i can't find the php_xml extension.

Does anyone know where this can be downloaded?

Regards,

Sander
Developer
Aug 15, 2008 at 3:08 AM
Unless someone here has experience with PHP on Mac, it may be necessary to address this problem on a PHP / Mac forum. Sorry that I cannot help.

Anyway, if we don't get the answer from here, please post the answer when you find the solution.
Sep 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I have a problem on mac with mamp : $objReader->load makes the script end (no error, just blank page)

Developer
Sep 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Hi lexayo. Strange bug? Is this happening with PHPExcel_Reader_Excel2007 or PHPExcel_Reader_Excel5? For all files xls / xlsx files?

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Hi 

thank you for your quick answer

PHPExcel_Reader_Excel2007 and PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007

$objReader = new PHPExcel_Reader_Excel2007();
$objPHPExcel = $objReader->load(ROOTPATH.$file_name);

Developer
Sep 3, 2009 at 7:04 PM

@lexayo: Did you manage to get this solved? Can you provide any hint where script execution is stopped in the load() method?

Sep 3, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Some PHP versions have some extensions built-in.

PHP 5.3.0 for example has the xml and zip extensions and others built in by default in the windows builds.

EDIT: for your error: Do you have error reporting enabled? BTW: PHP 5.3 has changed the error reporting codes, iirc

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Hi
No, I still could not find a solution.

Hi

No, I still could not find a solution.

The error reporting is probably disabled, i'll try to enable it. It is not simple since it is on a colleague's computer.

Thank you very much for your help

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:56 AM
maybeme wrote:

Some PHP versions have some extensions built-in.

PHP 5.3.0 for example has the xml and zip extensions and others built in by default in the windows builds.

EDIT: for your error: Do you have error reporting enabled? BTW: PHP 5.3 has changed the error reporting codes, iirc

Hi Maybem,

I have checked the 5.3 PHP release and there is no php_xml ext. Is there any way you could send me a copy, i'm experiencing issues with the builder:

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'XMLWriter' not found in /var/www/www.clydecashforkids.com/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/XMLWriter.php on line 66

Thanks in advance