Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Presare!J9 -> Formula Error: Unexpected ,'

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hello to all,

I like PHPExcel a lot and I want to use it in one of my projects. But I have a problem:

I am trying to read a .xls (or .xlsx ) file that contatins functions and macros. I know that PHPExcel currently does not support macros, but I just want to edit 3 cells, which are with no functions, just plain text from MySQL, and save the file. 

The following error appears:

11:57:26 Load from Excel2007 file 11:57:31 Write to Excel2007 format Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Presare!J9 -> Formula Error: Unexpected ,' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ipec\index\calin\phpexcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Cell.php:288 Stack trace: #0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ipec\index\calin\phpexcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Writer\Excel2007\Worksheet.php(984): PHPExcel_Cell->getCalculatedValue() #1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ipec\index\calin\phpexcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Writer\Excel2007\Worksheet.php(930): PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007_Worksheet->_writeCell(Object(PHPExcel_Shared_XMLWriter), Object(PHPExcel_Worksheet), 'J9', Array, Array) #2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ipec\index\calin\phpexcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Writer\Excel2007\Worksheet.php(82): PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007_Worksheet->_writeSheetData(Object(PHPExcel_Shared_XMLWriter), Object(PHPExcel_Worksheet), Array) #3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apach in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ipec\index\calin\phpexcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Cell.php on line 288

I cannot attach the excel file, because it belongs to my client. 

The formulas are ok, because are working in Excel2007.

Thank you very much for your hard work,

Best regards,

Andrei Corb