direct download link

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 21, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Hi,

I'm using PHPExcel with Drupal, and our Drupal process is using something called Drush Make.  Drush Make defines the codebase--the Drupal core version, the contrib modules needed, and any libraries.  Instaed of keeping all this stuff in the repo, it's just the Drush Make file that defines all this stuff that's kept in the repo.  What this means is that a short Drush Make text file is enough to build a full site's codebase.

In order to use this though, Drush Make needs accessible links to all the code.  It can handle git authentication but it needs the direct download link.

The issue that I'm running into now is that PHPExcel doesn't have a direct download link.  The link launches a "Do you agree tot he license?" popup.  I'm not really sure why it's set up this way.  Since the code is being distributed with the license isn't that already enough?

Any chance you can make a direct download link?  Otherwise to use this with Drush Make I'll just download the library, unzip it, tar and gzip it, and put it online somewhere.  I know I'm able to do this with the Lesser GPL but I'd much rather link to the download here.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM

The direct download link appears to be http://download.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=phpexcel&DownloadId=212184&FileTime=129433274033800000&Build=17950