Delayed responses on the discussion board.

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I've just handed in my resignation at work, and will be starting a new job in a month's time.

This means that, for the next few weeks, I'll need to spend more time working on a job handover in my old role, and a lot of preparation for my new job so that I'll be able to "hit the ground running" when I start at the end of March.

Please bear with me in this. It's the day job that is my "bread and butter" work, that pays the bills; so it has to take priority over all my PHPExcel work. I'm taking a big gamble with this new job... the salary is a lot lower that my current job, and I need to meet some strict targets to make up the difference, so I really do need to devote my time to that in my initial weeks. I'll try to ensure that I can continue all PHPExcel development work as planned, but may be slower in responding to discussions here on the board, or to anything raised on the issue tracker. This situation is likely to continue until after Easter, perhaps even early summer. I'll likely only be able to check in here every two or three days rather than daily.

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Hi Mark,

I wish you the best of luck in your new job, and hope to see you back soon ;)

Mike

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Best of luck Mark !!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Date: 28 Feb 2011 15:41:19 -0800
To: <wakelt@comcast.net>
ReplyTo: PHPExcel@discussions.codeplex.com
Subject: Delayed responses on the discussion board. [PHPExcel:247928]

I've just handed in my resignation at work, and will be starting a new job in a month's time.

This means that, for the next few weeks, I'll need to spend more time working on a job handover in my old role, and a lot of preparation for my new job so that I'll be able to "hit the ground running" when I start at the end of March.

Please bear with me in this. It's the day job that is my "bread and butter" work, that pays the bills; so it has to take priority over all my PHPExcel work. I'm taking a big gamble with this new job... the salary is a lot lower that my current job, and I need to meet some strict targets to make up the difference, so I really do need to devote my time to that in my initial weeks. I'll try to ensure that I can continue all PHPExcel development work as planned, but may be slower in responding to discussions here on the board, or to anything raised on the issue tracker. This situation is likely to continue until after Easter, perhaps even early summer. I'll likely only be able to check in here every two or three days rather than daily.

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Good luck on your new job Mark!