core dump on Solaris

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:49 PM

We have phpExcel installed on a Solaris server.  We were working previously until php was upgraded to php 5.3.5.   We are now recieving "Bus Error(coredump)" errors...

SunOS ncsed03 5.10 Generic_142909-17 sun4u

'./configure' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib' '--with-apxs2=/opt/apache/bin/apxs' '--disable-cgi' '--enable-sigchild' '--enable-ftp' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl' '--enable-zip' '--enable-xml' '--with-pear' '--with-gd=/usr/local' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/local' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local' '--with-t1lib=/usr/local' '--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl' '--with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap' '--with-ldap-sasl=/usr/local' '--with-oci8=/opt/oracle/dbmcosTEST/product/10.2.0.4' '--with-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd'

any ideas?

thanks

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 8:56 PM

No ideas, and I don't have a Solaris server handy to run any tests myself.

Are you having problems with any other PHP scripts?

Does the cordump give any clues?

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

The issue happens will all the scripts on solaris.  These same script execute fine on Linux...  

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM

By other scripts, I meant other PHP scripts that don't use PHPExcel. If this happens for all PHP scripts, then the problem is probably with the build of PHP.

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM

No problem. Yes, we have a number of other php scripts that run fine on the server.. It's just the ones we have calling the phpexcel that produce the core dumps and fail.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 9:36 PM

OK! Looks like I need to buy myself a solaris server to identify this problem.