ERROR WITH PHPEXCEL Class 'ZipArchive' not found

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:52 AM
Edited Nov 9, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Hi.. i have this error :  Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /var/www/vhosts/liteec.com.mx/httpdocs/nomina_virtual/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php on line 226

With version: 1.7.2 , 1.7.3c and 1.7.4

when i launch the array.php file :S

What can i do ??

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Software requirements

The following software is required to develop using PHPExcel:

• »        PHP version 5.2.0 or newer
  • »        PHP extension php_zip enabled
  • »        PHP extension php_xml enabled
  • »        PHP extension php_gd2 enabled (if not compiled in)
Nov 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM

What can i do if im in a linux server,,, ??? please help!

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2010 at 9:06 PM
marcovera wrote:

What can i do if im in a linux server,,, ??? please help!

It doesn't matter whether you're on a Linux server, a Windows server or a Mac server... you need php_zip, and all platforms allow you to configure this for your PHP. It can be enabled in a Linux build by configuring with --enable-zip. See the relevant section of the PHP manual for details.

Nov 23, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Oh thanks.. but the roocks of my server says that they cant change this extention for security :SSSSSSS noooooo!!!

So i ask ,, do you have something of PHPexcel for excel 2003 ?

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2010 at 7:45 AM

There should be no security issues with enabling php_zip in any environment. I have considered the possibility of implementing a pure PHP library for zip files for those users whose ISP's won't enable PHP's built-in capabilities; but besides knowing that it is possible, I haven't really started looking at this yet.

Excel2007 format requires the php_zip extension: without that, you're limited to the Excel5 Writer if you want to save as an actual Excel file.